Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Click on the Donate Now Button!
(Not necessarily handed down from Moses)
10. You'll get free snacks between 10 and 10:30.
9. We can't change the world if we can't pay the mortgage.
8. The staff likes it when we can keep the heat or air conditioning on during the week!
7. We have what you would expect: worship, music , Christian education, and;
6. Some things you wouldn't necessarily expect: we house the elementary backpack program; offer space to countless organizations; help with community meals.
5. It's really dark in the church without the lights on.
4. Do you like the pew cushions?
3. Pastor Jeff, Karen, Dick--between them, they act as our collective parents: caring for us when we're hurt, sharing in our joys, keeping us organized, and cleaning up after us.
2. Potlucks and group fundraising lunches mean you don't have to go home and say "what shall we have for lunch?"
AND, the number ONE reason why you should click the Donate button:
...Charitable giving to your church will make you feel good, and give you a sense of being part of the family.
What, you're afraid to click on the button? It's easy, and not really scary at all. And you'll have lots of choices. You can:
1) Pick an amount to give from amongst the choices given;
2) Pick your own amount
3) Give that amount only one time (of course you can always come back and give again)
4) Set up the donation to recur monthly for as long as you like (a set number of months, or until you cancel)
5) Give your entire pledge through the online process
6) Give part of your pledge online (some have suggested that they'd give a "base amount" that way, and then continue to give at church, with the base amount helping to ensure that they don't fall behind too much when they miss church)
7) You can give via credit/debit card
8) You can give via your checking account--just type the numbers in--it's a secure site that specializes in facilitating these types of transactions at very low cost to the church (but NO cost to you). No one at the church will have access to your payment data. The office will get a periodic report on giving to track your donations for tax receipt purposes.
Give it a try. There's no long-term obligation. And the rewards just might be significant.